Sunday, March 23, 2014

Hula Hoop Floor Rug

I recently stumbled upon a great project on Spoonful .  It was the Hula Hoop Floor Rug and looked like a great project for kids to do.  My little Miss 12 rose to the challenge and before long she was weaving her little heart out and creating a gorgeous colourful rug for her room.
 
After reading alot of comments and feedback from this project on the tutorial, my advice would be . Do not weave too tightly.  If you do this the end result will have curled up edges and it will look more like a large bowl than a flat rug.





I also expected that it would produce a larger rug than it did , but still it is a good size for dressing table or bathroom mat.

So after lots of weaving in and out, in and out, round and round, it was ready to be cut free from the hoop. And the result is this.



HULA HOOP WOVEN FLOOR MAT

 You can find the full tutorial on how to make your own HERE

Funky Monkey seems to like it too
 






  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I love to read your comments so chat away. :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...